My Motivation

My Motivation
The Joy of My Life

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Reflection Paper 3

I know this is just the beginning of class, but this out of all articles read; in my opinion has been the most complicated one to comprehend. It began with explaining the meaning of frames, framing and framework, then concluded to speaking on paradigms. My personal interpretation of paradigms is ones view point or real life observation of things experienced. For example, if I was a woman who consistently maneuvered from one relationship to the next without taking time out to heal and find out the value within myself, outwardly people will assume that I struggle with low self-esteem or deal with inward issues. This moves me to the meaning of a paradigm shift, a (mental) renewal or change of one’s life through the changing of life or an experience in life. Using the example from above, a paradigm shift can take place when an event occurs in life that will cause her to awaken from the old state of mind. She will begin to make rational decisions that will change her life for the best.
Yes, I have had many paradigm shifts in my life. One that comes to thought is when I was in a depression stage where things were just not going as planned. At that point I thought I had to lower my standards and do what others wanted me to do to be happy. Until one day, a shift of the mental thinking changed. I began to see my own self value and worth as a woman trying to have a better life. It is important for current and future educators to have a paradigm shift because in order to be an effective teacher that inspire, the mind must go through daily transformations. Being stuck in one set frame of mind will never leave a legacy for students. Through life experiences, it pushed me to make major changes in my life to become a better person. Transformations have been in existence since the beginning of time, something happens, and then a change takes place. God created the earth, man lived happily on earth, and woman eats forbidden fruits, sin then comes. Things never remain the same no matter how we want them to. In my opinion, diversity is what transformed think is all about. Especially in our world today, we must encounter paradigm shifts to effectively teach. About three years ago, I was an office secretary at a middle school and we had quit a few students with behavioral problems and I wondered why. I finally came up with my own conclusions that there are some inward issues that these students are dealing with and we must be able to aid them.

No comments:

Post a Comment