My Motivation

My Motivation
The Joy of My Life

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Reflection 19-Homosexuality

Homosexuality is such a broad and wide discussion to speak on. I do believe that God intended for man and woman to be together and produce. Personally, I do not think two people of the same gender can complete the cycle of life. Same sex gender is not a natural cause by God. I have talked in come in contact with many homosexuals and one thing they believe they have in common is that being gay was something they were born with. I honestly disagree because being sexually attracted to someone of the same sex is an emotional struggle that engaged itself at some point in life. This issue is not something that just washed upon the surfaces of rights and legal unions, but since the ending of the 1800's homosexuality has been increased and recognized through the legal movements including adoption and parenting. A little history of the word homosexuality steams from the Greek and Latin word homo which mean same and sexual from Medieval Latin sexualis and when you combine the two it's same sex, but many people tend to use the word gay or lesbian. Homosexual to me is an issue that has been something going on even during ancient times. I remember seeing an ancient art piece of two men Zephyrus and Hyacinthus in an explicit sexual position and if I am not mistaking this art piece was around 480 BC. During the biblical days of the Old Testament, homosexual was rejected. In the story of Sodom two angels visits the city and stays with Abraham's nephew Lot later two men approaches them wanting to have sexual intercourse. Later Lot escapes from the city and it burns. The spiritual aspects that if a male and a male lay with each other the same as woman to woman it is an abomination towards God. All people have their views and choices on what they believe and what they believe in, but we all must respect peoples decisions and not disrespect homosexuals in any way or form. Regardless of ones sexual choice it is not up to us to judge or criticize. I have seen many of times gay and lesbians couples who are happy and content with each other. No, I do not agree with homosexuality but its part of life and learning how to deal with people and their differences.

No comments:

Post a Comment