My Motivation

My Motivation
The Joy of My Life

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Reflection 22-The Final Goodbye

Even though this is not the ending of class, I felt I should do the last reflection at this time. I came into Professor McNair's class with an understanding and knowledge of learning about culture in the classroom. As time went on, he began to clearly explain more than what I was intentionally bargaining for. I must say that I have learned and is still learning many things and this class have taught me a lot about being diverse and accepting the opinions and differences of other people. During one of our class discussions and lectures, a student made a comment that was intended for Professor McNair and she was suddenly attacked by another student. Our opinions and thoughts are not the same as another individual, but it is up to one to accept how a person feels and learn how to deal with them. I went home and really thought about what had engaged in class and was very distraught. In the opening of the next class it was an issue I had to address. Professor McNair has taught me a lot during the times that we have had our open floor discussion and allowed me to see myself as an individual. I began to really look within myself to see and know why I am the way that I am. Honestly, I am a stronger person in my thoughts and personal life because of things that Professor has taught. He taught to be an individual and stand up for what I believe in and to be accepted of how I am as a young woman. I am the mother of a very beautiful little girl and everyday when I look at her as she is growing it motivates me even more to succeed and accomplish the impossible. My overall experience in Introduction to Diverse Population was awesome. I met some wonderful enthusiastic people who is truly headed towards the right direction in life. I ultimately learned the importance of being diverse and accepting a person for simply who they are. Yes, Professor McNair gives a lot of work but through all those readings and quizzes it is well worth learning and the knowledge you receive. He is an excellent professor and this is an explicit course to take especially when becoming a future educator. Through out life and its challenges it is up to an individual become all that he or she can be. Negative thinking results in negative outcomes, but when you take a negative situation and turn it into a positive things began to change.

No comments:

Post a Comment