My Motivation

My Motivation
The Joy of My Life

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

The most important concepts I received from the article is how an individual grows from birth to adulthood. Even before birth takes place, I believe an individual is perceived and certain developmental characteristics are formed. For example, the eye color, how wide or narrow the nose may be, and even the looks of the embryo. Then after which the child is born personality and personal development is put into place even more. The article was very appealing and informative because it helped me understand stages of my own child’s life. Even throughout my pregnancy, people would always tell me to rub my belly and talk to the baby because it understands through auditory cues. At the current age of eleven months, my daughter properly recognizes her name, words and signs. When someone calls her cute or adorable she understands that because that is what she is told day in and day out. What a child hears daily is very significant throughout their early years of learning. If I constantly use profane language in front of my child, she will go on to repeat what she heard. A child also develops by physical awareness (touch, smell, taste, hear). Some physical developmental stages may include but not limited to sitting up on their own, crawling, and walking. In the article it further addresses how a child is held and interacted with. As mentioned earlier, my daughter even at her young age can pick up on a person mood and vibe. She knows when a person is not so nice because when they hold her she tends to get very fussy and cries for no reason. Babies to toddlers have a keen sense of the physical which also includes touching. What really struck my attention about this particular article is when it was discussing the self as the object which is the known and self as doer which consists of the knower. Self as object in my opinion is what is learned and taught by an individual’s parent or caregiver and whatever is learned it is up to the individual to do. When I look at self the doer it basically reminds me of how one makes rational judgments based on what is known. The doer plays an important role in our lives because what we accomplish is based on our knowledge and perception of life. Self grows not only at birth but until childhood, and is a lifelong process that never ends and once we feel as though we have stopped growing we have truly stopped learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment