My Motivation

My Motivation
The Joy of My Life

Friday, February 5, 2010

Awareness and Consciousness-Reflection 9

Awareness and consciousness in my opinion are both similar and different in many ways. Being conscious is an inward state of being, an inner feeling or spirit that tells you what’s right and wrong and once your conscious makes you aware of that your state of being and environment can change. You can fully understand and accept things around you and when change can take place. For example, if I am in an abusive relationship, my conscious will alert me on what I need to do to get out of the situation or let me know this is not a healthy situation. After which I must make a conclusive decision on what needs to be done. The greater your chances are of becoming conscious of what is going on (what you hear and see) you become more aware of what needs to change. I also believe your consciousness or being conscious of something is an inner spirit or notion that allows our brains to function and make rational decisions. As I was reading the article, I thought about dreams and visions. From my own understanding dreams occur through our subconscious and give us insight and direction on what roads we need to cross or steps we need to take. I can take some personal experiences of my own. I was dealing with a major situation in my life and was very depressed within. I was not aware of what I needed to do for my future to make a better life for me. One night I went into a deep sleep and that’s when my life was played out before me. I actually felt as if I was awaken and living out my dream. When I woke up, I then knew what to do. This has occurred on numerous occasions and has helped me understand many things in my life. As mentioned early, I stated awareness and consciousness is both similar and different. Being aware of something doesn’t make you consciousness of what’s going on. Your consciousness is a deeper feeling that actually guides your thoughts. Awareness is just being able to see and hear things around you. Just being aware doesn’t mean that transformation can take place, but your consciousness will not only make you aware of something, but help you. Throughout my life I have learned that mediation and concentration helps develop your inner being. It helps you think on a higher level and help you understand facts from faith. This is a very good article when people wants to development more in thinking and have a deeper meaning of cultural awareness. In closing everything has to begin within a person and once it is empowered we will be able to be effective and influential not only in our own lives, but in the lives of the students we teach, and the everyday people we meet. Our conscious will allow us to be aware of things and it should be our sole purpose in life to make the right decisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment